Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Belief That Will Transform Your Body

On the journey of helping others transform their bodies, I have found that the transformation isn't just physical.  I've yet to meet somebody fully satisfied with the physique and functionality of one's body.  Whether it be losing weight, gaining strength, running faster, experiencing less pain, having tighter abs, moving more freely, improving posture, standing with better balance, building endurance or...well you get the point, there is ALWAYS a desire to transform the body.   So why is it that some people meet their health and fitness goals, look awesome all of the time and enjoy working out while others spend a lifetime yo-yoing with their 20-60 extra pounds? 

With over 20 years of fitness experience, I attest this statement to be entirely true. 
 What exactly is the mind supposed to believe then for the body to achieve?  Believing one can lose those 40 extra pounds, bench press 300 pounds, run a marathon, hold the hand stand or complete their 10 pull ups is only part of belief it takes to make permanent transformation in the body.  We all know that proper diet and exercise will achieve results though the restaurant parking lots are still more crowded than the gym and wellness center ones. 
 
I've heard EVERY excuse: Time, money, illness, kids, transportation...  When my husband was struggling with his weight I finally asked him how he felt about me spending our 401K savings with another man?  It took him a moment, however he did come to realize that he is valuable enough to take care of himself and that taking care of himself is also a fundamental way of taking care of our family.  Since this time his motivation to eat healthy and exercise has been consistent because he believes his life to be worth the commitment.  And there you have it:  The type of belief that will truly transform the body is the belief you are valuable enough and worth the effort to commit.  Anything less results in relapse and temporary change. 
 
You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.--I Corinthians 6:20
 
The price Christ paid for you is non refundable.  I am still mesmerized that my life was worth the life of Christ and believing this to be true requires me to take care of my body as valuable.  I honor God with my body by keeping it healthy and strong.  Sometimes the hardest part of any journey is the first step, but remember that first step is one more than you did lounging on the couch.  I hope you will join me in gratitude for the sacrifice of Christ and believe you are valuable enough to commit to your health and fitness.  You're worth the effort and you'll be glad you decided to believe as your body transforms!

No comments:

Post a Comment